15 Famous Beach Resorts and Summer Destinations in the Philippines
Embrace summer 2012 and treat yourself for an out of town vacation. Spend a couple of your days in these tourist destinations.
1. Boracay- Famous of its white sand, ideal for windsurfing and kite surfing, snorkeling, banana boat riding, paraw sailing, kayaking, and diving all come into play both for enthusiasts and those curious enough to try them. Boracay also boasts its bars and night activities such as live bands and fire dancing. It also offers hundreds of hotels and resorts.
White Beach is divided into five areas:
Area 1 — Boracay Terraces (north) to Willy's Rock
Area 2 — From Willy's Rock to Red Coconut Resort
Area 3 — From Red Coconut to Boat Station 2
Area 4 — From Boat Station 2 to Station 3
Area 5 — From Boat Station 3 to Angol Point
2. Pagudpud. A secluded place in Ilocos where strong winds and waves makes this place visited by numerous surfers. It's long continuous powder-white sand and inviting crystal-blue waters are good for people who simply want to swim. Low price resorts are available if you are tight on your budget. A bus ride from Laoag City to Pagudpud is approximately an hour and a half.
3. Mactan Island. Cebu, the queen city of the South, has its fair share of great beaches. One of them is Mactan Island. It provides tourists with great entertainment such as night life activities that will spice up the visit. Mactan is dubbed as "diving mecca of the south". It is also the best place for snorkeling, island hopping, jet ski, and sailing. The only public aquarium outside of Luzon and the first of its kind in the Visayas, Mactan Island Aquarium is a visitor attraction.
4. Panglao. Known for its diving locations and tourist resorts. The dive sites that can be found on the northwest tip of the Panglao Island are Doljo Beach, Napaling and Puntod. These sites are deep and the currents are strong. It is also the site of Habitat for Humanity's "Tabalong Habitat Village". The village, still under construction, has capacity for 500 houses on land donated by local merchant Alturas. One interesting geological feature found in the island is the Hinagdanan Cave which has an underground water source.
5. Camiguin. The island is known to the island "Born of Fire". It has seven volcanoes and several volcanic domes. Volcanic eruptions and land movements have created this spectacular island which is full of natural wonders and historical riches. The island is also listed as among the Top 10 dive spots worldwide. The place has been known to be one of the most beautiful places in the Philippines because it still seems like a paradise. Some people even consider the place the “Garden of Eden” in the country. Camiguin has a great topography that includes waterfalls, and the hot and cold springs. The place will be mesmerizing and will definitely tempt you to go back.
6. Dakak. A private beach that spans about 750 meters long the Sulu Sea. The beach also has great white sands that can be compared to powder. The pool’s water comes from the spring water and the waterfalls that are on the area. Nice resort at the northern tip of Zamboanga. An hour drive from Dipolog airport. Resort staffs welcomed you upon arrival. They have welcome drinks for their guests.
7. Honda Bay. These are islands that surround the capital of the South Western province of Palawan. Among these islands, the tourist can go island hopping, diving and swim on the cool waters. In one of the islands, one can see the variety of fishes without swimming out too deep.
8. El Nido. The place has been known as the country’s last frontier and Palawan - the Island of the Gods. This place offers great beaches that will tae you away from the urban life. This place is the best to visit if you are looking for complete peace and quiet. Aside from the magnificent beach, the place also offers you a sight of the beautiful seascapes, towering marble cliffs and a variety of tropical birds.
9. Pearl Farm. Far south in the city of Davao, lies the premier beach resort know as the Pearl Farm. The place no longer has the pearls you are looking for. But the place can still offer an experience as valuable as a pearl. This is because of the great resort that is accompanied by the white sands.
10. Siargao. This place is another surfers dream. The place offers you waves that can curl up to 12 feet high. Aside from the waves, the place also has beaches that still remains unspoiled by urban lifestyle.
11. Hundred Islands. It is located in Alaminos City, Pangasinan. The islands (124 at low tide and 123 at high tide) are scattered along Lingayen Gulf and cover an area of 18.44 square kilometres (4,557 acres). They are believed to be about two million years old. Only three of them have been developed for tourists: Governor Island, Quezon Island, and Children's Island. The islands are actually ancient corals that extend well inland, in an area previously comprising the seabed of an ancient sea. Lowering sea levels have exposed them to the surface and the peculiar "mushroom"-like shapes of some of the islands have been caused by the eroding action of the ocean waves.
12. Puerto Galera, considered one of the most beautiful and developed beach resort community in the country. Starting from "backyard tourism" wherein local residents accept local and foreign tourist as stay-in guest, Puerto Galera tourism has flourished. Puerto Galera is only three and a half hours away from Manila first by bus to the port at Batangas City and then by boat.Puerto Galera is well known among tourists for its numerous pocket beaches and many snorkeling and diving spots.
13. Batangas Beach resorts. Batangas Beach Resorts are full of natural landscape that vacationers will love and have a good time. The towns of San Juan, Mabini, Calatagan, Lian, Lobo and Nasugbu are where the famous beach resorts are located.
The long shorelines of Laiya and Hugom bear white sand, warm blue water and fresh breeze. Swimming, snorkeling, jet skiing, kayaking and boating are activities that awaits you.
Calatagan is a well-known get away of some of Manila’s discerning families. Around this town are superb rest houses of well to do families in the Philippines. Primarily because of the ancient Spanish provincial charm and atmosphere. The panoramic view of the seascape, distant mountain ranges, and the lush tropical landscape is ideal for a memorable vacation.
Nasugbu is premier tourist town in the western tip of Batangas. The beach has loads of translucent water and white sand beaches. It is rich with coves and dive sites.Some of the notable dive sites in Nasugbu are Fuego Point, Hamilo Cove, Lo-oc Bay, Twin Island and Awash Reef. Underwater scenery a diver can treasure are crayfish, coral shrimps, frogfish and morays. Even a Japanese freighter, which sunk during the World War 2, can be seen in Hamilo Cove.
14. Baler, Aurora. Baler is known for numerous tourist attractions. In addition to the Baler Catholic Church and other historical sites , there are resorts at Sabang Beach and Cemento Beach, where surfers from all over the world compete for the annual International Aurora Surfing Cup. The coral-rich islands of Dimadimalangat, Aniao and Lukso-Lukso lie just off the coast.
15. Anawangin Cove. The Anawangin Cove is by far the most popular destination for campers and beach goers alike. Just the mention of the name Zambales will ring a bell for those who have gone to the cove that a trip to Pundaquit is never complete without feeling Anawangin’s mixture of volcanic ash and white sand beneath your feet.
Rate this entry
- Note: 7.5
- Votes: 4
- Higher: 10
- Lower: 2
Subscribe to DiversityHuman.com